For 120 years, the Omaha Chapter of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution has been committed to the threefold purpose of Patriotism, Historical Preservation, and Service to our Community.
When you join the DAR, you become a part of a network of more than 180,000 women who form lifelong bonds, honor their revolutionary ancestors and promote historic preservation, education and patriotism in their communities.
More than 200 years ago, American Patriots, pledged “their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor” to fight for the freedoms we enjoy today. If you have a Revolutionary Patriot in your family tree, becoming a member of the DAR honors and preserves the legacy of your ancestor.
Any woman 18 years of older who can prove lineal, bloodline descent from an ancestor who aided in achieving American Independence is eligible to join the DAR.
If you think you may be eligible for membership, please email our Chapter Registrar! We would be delighted for you to attend one of our meetings and will be happy to help you with your application.
The Omaha Chapter NSDAR has in the past year..
- Assisted both current and prospective members with genealogical research
- Attended local Naturalization Ceremonies and welcomed new citizens and presented American flags and copies of the flag code
- Awarded ROTC medals and Scholarships to deserving students
- Supported DAR schools
- Participated with other DAR chapters around the nation to set a Guinness World Record for “most letters to military personnel collected in one month”
- Participated in the National Day of Service celebrating the 125th Anniversary of the Founding of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Promoted Patriotism through Good Citizenship awards, sponsorship of a local Chapter of the Children of the American Revolution, and support of the local VA hospital.
By participating in the Omaha Chapter NSDAR’s many programs and chapter activities, you will remember and honor your ancestor’s legacy while building life-long connections with amazing women from all facets of life.
As the Omaha Chapter Regent, I would like to welcome you and invite you to visit one of our meetings!
Alicia White, Regent
Omaha Chapter, NSDAR