Just as the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged their “lives, fortunes and sacred honor” for the cause of liberty, today’s armed forces have dedicated themselves to protecting the freedom that was purchased at great cost by our ancestors. In appreciation for their service, the Omaha Chapter NSDAR is committed to supporting active military and their families as well as local veterans.
Each year, Omaha Daughters…
- Contribute numerous volunteer hours to serving veterans at the Eastern Nebraska Veterans Home in Bellevue and the Veterans Administration Hospital in Omaha.
- Award an ROTC Medal and scholarship to a deserving student.
- Collect layettes for local military moms to help them welcome their new babies.
- Send holiday greetings and notes of appreciation to military serving overseas.
- Collect and categorize coupons to support military families.
- Attend commemorative events and decorate the graves of fallen warriors.
In addition to chapter activities, Omaha Daughters serve in countless ways individually to demonstrate their gratitude for the sacrifice of our troops in the name of freedom.