Welcome to the Omaha Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution website! For over 125 years, the Omaha Chapter, NSDAR has been committed to the threefold purpose of Patriotism, Historical Preservation, and Education. When you join the DAR, you become a part of a network of more than 190,000 women who form lifelong bonds, honor their revolutionary ancestors, and serve in their communities.
Nearly 250 years ago, American Patriots, pledged “their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor” to fight for the freedoms we enjoy today. If you have a Revolutionary Patriot in your family tree, becoming a member of the DAR honors and preserves the legacy of your ancestor.
Any woman 18 years or older-regardless of race, religion, or ethnic background-who can prove lineal descent from an ancestor who aided in achieving American Independence is eligible to join the DAR. If you believe you are eligible for membership, please complete the contact form on this website. You are welcome to attend a meeting and we would be happy to help with your application.
The Omaha Chapter NSDAR has in the past year participated in the following:
- Assisted both current and prospective members with genealogical research.
- Presented American flags and copies of the flag code to new citizens.
- Awarded ROTC Medals and scholarships to deserving students.
- Supported DAR schools.
- Supported active duty military members and veterans.
- Participated in the DAR National Day of Service celebrating the anniversary of the founding of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution by cleaning memorials at Prospect Hill Cemetery.
- Promoted Patriotism through the DAR Good Citizens Program and Scholarship Contest, sponsorship of a local chapter of the Children of the American Revolution, and support of the local VA hospital.
By participating in the Omaha Chapter, NSDAR’s many programs and chapter activities, you will remember and honor your ancestor’s legacy while building life-long connections with amazing women from all facets of life.
I welcome you and invite you to attend a meeting!
Glenda Irish, Regent of the Omaha Chapter NSDAR
You must be logged in to post a comment.